My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Realtor "True Confessions"

"My Client's Home is a Dump"

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't You? Don't You?

--Carly Simon, "You're So Vain" lyrics*

Which of the following admissions can actually serve a client's interests?

A. "My client's home has had three showings in the last four months."
B. "My client's home is a dump."
C. "Everyone says my client's home is overpriced."
D. "My client is very anal."

Answer: D.

Although I wouldn't put it in the MLS "remarks" field, I've heard more than one agent -- trying to convey how meticulously maintained and updated a home is -- let slip how fussy ("anal") their client is.

Personally, I might use "perfectionist."

(And no, I don't have a picture for this one.)

*After perhaps Watergate's "Deep Throat," the most speculated-about identity is the object of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" lyrics. So who is it? Not Warren Beatty, as lots of people assumed. Try Jeffrey Katzenberg (he's a Hollywood-type).

No comments: