My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Multiple Offers on X-mas Day??

Slow Market? Not for this Property!

Even in a slow market, real estate is bought and sold every day of the week. Even Christmas Day.

Don't believe me?

Check out 3253 Holmes Avenue South, a fourplex just east of Lake Calhoun that hit the market this morning (yes, Christmas Eve):

http://matrix.northstarmls.com/de.asp?k=411903X1JL0&p=DE-38861690-592

According to the listing agent, the property needs about $100k in various capital improvements, including new windows and boilers. But at $139k, it's still a screaming bargain, given the proximity to Lake Calhoun, the assessed tax value (just under $500k), and potential upside.

The agent said there's a line eight deep to see the property tomorrow (she's in FL today, and can't show it till then). She also said that she's already received multiple offers, sight unseen -- and I don't doubt it.

Best guess is that it sells as soon as the bank contact is available, presumably Friday, for well over asking price.

P.S.: I'd love to have an investor for this, but I don’t, at least at the moment. If you see this post before 5 p.m. on Christmas day and are interested . . Call me! I'd be happy to show you the property, then head straight back to my office to write an offer.

Christmas Day update (4:14 p.m.): the listing agent called to say that my showing request today was declined, because the property was sold, apparently to a Buyer who has yet to see it.

No comments: