My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Eight Months Later: Deal . . or No Deal?


Where: 29XX Quentin (St. Louis Park's Fern Hill neighborhood)
What: 3 BR/3BA; *3,937 FSF. Year built: 1936
How much: $379,900
On Market: 7/23/08

I originally profiled this home way back in July, when it first came on the market ("Too Good To Be True"). The question I posed -- "4,000 FSF by Cedar Lake for $380k? Not So Fast" -- said it all. In fact, I estimated that the actual square footage was closer to *2,100 FSF.

So what happened?

Nothing -- or shall I say, "no deal."

After one, $10,000 price reduction in September, the listing expired in January.

Although a tough housing market certainly didn't help, exaggerating the square feet so much likely sealed its fate.

No comments: