My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Era of Come-on's & Chippy Fee's

It's All About the ***Asterisk***

I usually let it pass unremarked, but the latest come-on in my mailbox is too good (bad?) to not pass along. (I won't reveal the name of the company, but it rhymes with Schmifetime Schmitness.)

In big, bold letters at the top of the letter:

Rejoin for $0 Enrollment Fee and get a Free $85 gift voucher when you rejoin by Monday, August 31.*

So, what does the *asterisk, in microscopic type at the bottom of the letter, say? "An administrative fee applies to all memberships."

Just coincidentally, it happens to be . . . $85!

Gee, I wonder if they offer credit cards???

No comments: