My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Picking a Listing Agent

New Way to Get Clients

Home Sellers pick their listing agents a variety of ways: who their friends and neighbors used; who they trust and feel comfortable with (rapport); who they think will ultimately get them the most money, the fastest.

Under that last category would certainly fall, "the Realtor who knows the most prospective Buyers for my home, and what they're looking for."

Which would explain how I've now signed two clients in the last six months: I was the Realtor who showed the owner's home the most when it was previously for sale (in one case, the owner ultimately opted to rent out their home; in another, they simply took their home off the market).

In each case, I'd shown the home of each "client-to-be" multiple times, and after every showing had passed along feedback to the then-listing agent explaining why the home wasn't a good fit for my client.

Obviously, the owner was paying attention . . .

No comments: