My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 12, 2009

New Magazine Idea?

Target Market: Former Realtors

If you're over 30 years old, and are a fan of Reese's peanut butter cups, you may be remember their classic ad campaign from the '70's and '80's.

The ads showed two people, one eating peanut butter and one eating chocolate, colliding. One person would say, "you got peanut butter in my chocolate," to which the other would reply, "you got chocolate in my peanut butter." Each person would then experience an epiphany: the two went great together!

What made me think of this was a purely serendipitous overlaying of two magazines in my (too messy) home office: Experience magazine, which my wife reads, and Realtor magazine, which I read. Realtor magazine overlaid the "perience" in Experience, creating the combination "Ex[Realtor]." Hmm . . . "Ex-Realtor??"

No, I'm not leaving the real estate business. But I know lots of Realtors who are -- and have. Nationally, the number no doubt is in the hundreds of thousands (at the peak, there were almost 1.3 million Realtors).

Free business opportunity for anyone who's looking . . .(maybe an ex-Realtor??).

No comments: