My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Organic Gardening Tip

Weeding Secret

This may very well be the first, last, and only gardening tip on this blog -- my thing is more the business end of real estate, with the occasional economics riff. However, this one's too good to not pass along (or, it may just be that I'm a gardening idiot and have never heard of it).

I'm trying to get rid of some weeds popping up through the flagstone in our patio, and wanted something that would be effective, but not so toxic that it would pose a threat to our little kids (and new puppy).

I was literally trying to choose amongst half a dozen or so similar-looking products, when a Home Depot floor rep asked if I needed help. Her suggestion: pour hot water on the weeds!

P.S.: I'm sure this post will provoke some skepticism -- not about the advice, but the fact that a Home Depot floor rep asked if I needed help (true) . . .

No comments: