My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Better Type in "Saint Louis Park"

On StarTrib.com: House w/ 20 BR's for $750k

After the finishing the immediately preceding post, a little voice in my head said: 'OK, the Star Trib print ads for housing might be circling the drain -- but maybe it's because the online section is where the action is.'

Unh-unh.

My first search for St. Louis Park open houses today in the (online) Star Trib homes section returned . . . zero hits.

It turns out that the search engine will only accept "Saint Louis Park."

Assuming you figure that out, the correct query returns four hits -- out of 37 St. Louis Park open houses that MLS says are being held today.

And one of those 37 is mine! -- at 4400 W. 25th St. in Fern Hill.

Apparently, the $60 I just paid for a microscopic mention in the (print) Star Trib Open House Directory today doesn't include a mention online.

Like I said, my advertising budget can be spent better elsewhere . . .

P.S.: in the course of poking around online, I ran a search on "55416," the zip code that covers the eastern half of St. Louis Park. One of the (three) hits was for 3816 Cedar Lake Place, which is listed for $749,900 and apparently has 20 bedrooms. As they say, "Better Hurry!"

No comments: