My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

"Now, That's Useful Feedback!"

Realtor Showing Feedback ("Heads Up?")

As a listing agent (representing Sellers), one of my stock lines is that "the only feedback I really care about is a full price offer from a well-qualified Buyer."

That's only a slight exaggeration.

While there's always the truly unique property that's difficult to wrap your head around, the fact is, if the home you're listing has been on the market for a month, and you're surprised by the feedback you're getting . . you're not a very good Realtor (at least in my opinion).

(Sort of like the advice trial attorneys are given never to ask a witness a question that they don't already know the answer to).

Exceptions to the Rule

So, are there exceptions to that?

Sure.

Earlier this week I showed a home that my client said had a strong gas smell (my own sense of smell is non-existent). I immediately called the listing agent, who followed up.

Last week, I showed a property where it was obvious that the owner's cat had been . . . ahem . . sick. In multiple places.

Again, I called the listing agent.

Believe it or not, he was grateful to get the call. The client was out of town for the week, and I just saved him a few ruined showings.

1 comment:

Realtor Toronto said...

Hello. Because I also work as a realtor I entirely understand what you were writing about. Of course that the realtor's target is to sell the property but I agree that co-operation between agents and feedback are highly appreciated, especially in the cases you described.
Take care,
Elli