My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Realtors & Angie's List

"Loved Working with Clark . . . er, Joseph"

[Note to Readers: Who knew that Angie's List had a "Brand Enforcement Coordinator?" I didn't, at least until I got an email from her today asking me to remove the Realtor review I originally excerpted in my 8/13 post titled, "Realtors & Angie's List."

Apparently, that runs afoul of Angie's "brand enforcement," so at their -- ahem -- request, I'm removing it, and paraphrasing it instead. The "new-and-improved" post follows, below.]

As I've posted before, I use Angie's List personally, and increasingly recommend it to clients; it's a great way to get lots of info on literally thousands of local contractors.

However, its utility still varies by category.

For plumbers and electricians, by all means; for Realtors . . . maybe not just yet (the most popular contractors in the former categories can have hundreds of reviews; the latter, ten at the most).

Exhibit A would be a glowing report full of superlatives from the client about their Realtor, Clark ("We had a great experience with Clark" . . . "Clark worked very hard to get to know us and our needs" . . . "The trait that I liked most about Clark was his very quick response time," etc.)

The catch?

The name of the Realtor at the top of the report isn't Clark -- it's Joseph (got to love that personal touch!).

No comments: