My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Once a Super Realtor . . .

Always a Super Realtor

Before making Mpls - St. Paul Magazine's Super Realtor list, I'd never really paid much attention.

However, now that I'm a repeat pick, it does seem like there are a lot of, well, "us" out there. That's despite the fact that supposedly less than 2% of Minnesota's Realtors are chosen annually.

The explanation?

It turns out that the Super Realtor decal that Realtors can put on their marketing materials -- for a fee, of course -- contains an embedded calendar date. A very small, embedded calendar date.

I was made aware of that recently by another "Super Realtor" whose current business cards contain the decal . . . from 2005. I had to look at the card three times, squinting closely, before I could (just barely) make out the "2005."

I promised I wouldn't divulge his identity.

No comments: