My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

40% Below Tax Assessed Value


Where: 16xx Cedar Lake Parkway (just northwest of Cedar Lake in Minneapolis)
What: 3 BR/2BA Contemporary with almost 3,200 finished square feet.
How much: listed for $320k
When: originally listed in Oct. '08 for $549k.
Who: listed by RE/MAX Results; agent is Michael Kohler

In today's market, it's increasingly common to see homes for sale trumpet that their asking price is below the tax assessed value.

It it is not common to see a home selling for almost 40% -- or more than $200k -- below tax assessed value, as the home pictured above is.

It comes as hardly a surprise, then, that this a short sale.

The home originally listed in October, 2008, for $549k.

1 comment:

grenee229 said...

Hi Ross,

Laura told me to read your blog today.

I was surprised to see info about this house. I have been admiring it ever since it went on the market mid summer. As I've walked down the trail during the warmer days I managed to find a path to the crazy cool back yard and saw the owner.

"I love your house, I wish we could buy it."

"Me too," he said.

It is huge, it has such potential, it is in an awesome location. According to Reuben, we just can't afford it; no way no how.

Whoever gets it is lucky.