My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Pot Shots" and Search Engines

Time to Broaden My "Sphere?"

Funny how key word searches work.

A post I ran last month, "Price Opinion -- or Pot Shot?," was actually about Realtor feedback -- both the informed and uninformed kind.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised when, scanning the search queries of visitors to this blog today, I noted "marijuana friendly Realtors" (as I've disclosed previously, I can see visitors' referring URL, search engine, and search words -- but not their identity).

Well, no, that's not currently part of my "marketing sphere" (what Realtors call their circle of contacts, prospects, past clients, etc. -- also called their "sphere of influence).

But just for the benefit of any future visitors to this site attracted by this post -- I'm officially agnostic on the subject (i.e., what consenting adults do privately is their business).

As they say, "the only color that matters in real estate is . . . green" (sorry, couldn't resist).

P.S.: on a more sober note, there have been a couple documented cases of vacant homes in the Twin Cities area being used as grow operations. Such endeavors not only pose multiple safety and security threats, but are seriously illegal. No sane Realtor wants anything to do with that . . .

No comments: