My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Gauging Sunday Open House Traffic

The Sunday Times vs. Crossword Puzzles

No, the picture (at right) wasn't the line to get into my (first) Sunday open house at 2700 Chowen Ave. South last weekend.

But it felt like it.

Unlike most Realtors, I am not a stickler for sign-in sheets, or otherwise "taking attendance" at open houses I host.

That's because, in my experience, if you force people to leave contact information, they will -- it just might not be correct.

It's also the case that people who want to be in touch with you, will; if they have a sincere interest in the home you're selling, the area, or have a real estate-related question, they'll naturally exchange contact info with you.

So how do I gauge Sunday open house traffic?

By how many sections of the Sunday New York Times I get through during the two hour open (I have it along for any lulls; I'm not into crossword puzzles).

At Chowen last Sunday, I barely read two paragraphs from one Op-Ed piece.

No comments: