My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Travel and "B.Y.O.B."

Coffee Snobs -- or Caffeine Addicts?

I first started noticing it two years ago: my in-laws would set out their preferred brand of dried coffee when they stayed with us (we took a hint, and now have it waiting for them).

Then, over Thanksgiving, my sister and brother-in-law made a grocery run and brought back a packet of their preferred ground coffee.

My variation of the foregoing when I'm a house guest is casing the local neighborhood for the nearest caffeine fix.

The trend?

B.Y.O.B. (as in "Bring-Your-Own-Beans")

Not sure if that means my family and relatives are all coffee snobs -- or just caffeine addicts.

In my in-laws' case, probably the latter: 3 feet away from the (crappy) instant coffee they prefer so much are my fancy, $12 a pound French Roast beans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ross,
I had to laugh at your most recent post BYOB...as my husband and I make sure we have our beans packed when we see our in-laws who think Folgers is good Coffee!

Looking forward
to your perspective on real estate, the economy and interesting nuiances and happenings in the new year!

Happy holidays to you and your family, Kim Pease