My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 1, 2010

"Avatar" Meets the Housing Market

Is Virtual Staging "the Next Big Thing?"

The "next big thing" in real estate likely has nothing to do with "social media" (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).

Rather, my guess is that it's "virtual staging" -- using software to simulate what an empty house would look like (nicely) furnished and accessorized (wall art, area rugs, mirrors, etc.)

I'm aware of several companies that either have products on the market, or are just about to be released.

The pitch to clients?

Spend $500 on virtual staging, $5,000 on actual staging -- or list it $10,000 lower (if they're already on the market, make that a $10,000 price reduction).

I know what I'm going to recommend . . .

No comments: