My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Petters Homes"

Want Neighborhood Scoop? Ask a Neighbor

I just sold my first "Petters home" today ("sold" is Realtor-speak for representing the Buyer).

The former owner apparently was burned in Tom Petters' Ponzi scheme, and the financial fallout cost them their house. (Petters was a prominent Twin Cities businessman and now convicted felon serving a very long sentence for fraud.)

How'd I find out?

Not from the listing agent or Bank-Seller, neither of whom had a clue.

Rather, my clients introduced themselves to a (future) next-door neighbor, and found out from them.

P.S.: One of the best sources of neighborhood scoop is the local mailman ("mail delivery person?"). Just make sure they're not new to the route.

No comments: