My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"Look, Ma, No Hands!"

Just Another Day at the (Virtual) Office

Based on market time, showing feedback, etc., I advised my client that a price reduction on her home was in order, and she agreed.

So I got her the necessary paperwork, she signed it, and I forwarded it (via my front desk) to MLS for them to input.

Happens every day, right?

Except this time, I was in Arizona, my client was in Florida, and her home (and my office) are in Minnesota.

Complicating matters just a little bit: I don't travel with a scanner, and wi-fi connections proved a little less ubiquitous in Arizona than in big cities on the east coast.

Real Estate "Parents" & "Children"

So, I dropped into the Scottsdale office of Long Realty, a sister company to Edina Realty (both are subsidiaries of Berkshire Hathaway).

Thanks to Long Realty agent Kim Grabovich for letting me borrow her password to do the necessary scanning, printing, etc.

P.S.: Just like real-life siblings resemble one another, so do real estate siblings -- or more accurately, their Web sites.

The reason is that Home Services of America, the immediate parent company of Long Realty and Edina Realty, handles the agent Web site software for both brokers.

No comments: