My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Realtor Dreams -- and Nightmares!

Don't wait -- procrastinate now!

--Ellen Degeneres

In college, I used to dream that I was barely halfway through an impossibly long and difficult final exam, and time was just about to run out (sort of the academic "running in quicksand" nightmare).

As a lawyer, I used to dream that I hadn't done my time sheets for months.

(Note to non-lawyers: lawyers track their time in increments of one-tenth of an hour -- literally, 6 minutes -- and typically turn their timesheets in weekly (or did, way back when I practiced).

So what do Realtors dream about? (At least, that I can tell you about)

I dreamt that I had signed a listing (home for sale), but couldn't remember where it was, find my interview notes, or even the house key I'd been given!

Note to clients: Don't worry, I've never really done that!

P.S.: my favorite college test story was about a student in a huge, entry-level math class who repeatedly ignored the Professor's announcement that time was up, and to hand in his exam.

He finally complied, and raced to the front to turn in his exam.

Mary Sunseri, the Professor (and a Stanford icon) said, "I'm sorry, I can't accept this --- it wouldn't be fair to all the other students."

The student paused and asked her, "do you know who I am?"

Sunseri shook her head "no."

The student shoved his exam into the stack of hundreds she was carrying, and ran out!

(Give him an "A," at least, for quick thinking -- and no, it wasn't me; I distinctly remember getting a "B-" in the class.)

No comments: