My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Contractor's Kids Always Go Barefoot??

Factor #2: Lots of In-Process Projects

The original version of the above quote, of course, is "the cobbler's kids always go barefoot."

The idea is that they're so busy attending to their client's needs that they neglect their own -- or their kids.'

But I've also observed that a lot of the contractors I know live in homes that are, shall we say, less than showcases.

A part of that is that they always seem to have a couple projects in progress, making things look especially disheveled.

But I think another piece of that is that, when you can fix it yourself -- schedule allowing -- what I'll call "deferred maintenance" isn't so scary.

For run-of-the-mill homeowners (like me!), I don't recommend it.

No comments: