My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Out of Bounds" Showing Directions

Showing Directions as
Marketing Strategy

One of the most famous lines in sales is "always be closing" ("ABC").

Less well-known -- but equally important -- is "always be marketing."

I was reminded of that yesterday when I was showing homes to Buyers yesterday in the West suburbs.

"Out of Bounds" Showing Directions

Prior to meeting clients to tour "For Sale" homes, Realtors will typically print a map with all the homes they'll be visiting.

However, once the Realtor gets close to a particular home, it's common to consult the MLS listing info and follow the listing agent's directions.

Which I did.

About halfway through my (especially scenic) drive through Cedar Pass -- a newer, upper bracket neighborhood in Minnetonka -- I realized what the listing agent was up to.

On the west side of the "For Sale" home -- the more convenient and closer approach -- is a neighborhood of older, more modest homes.

On the east side is Cedar Pass.

Best foot forward
, indeed.

P.S.: And no, I don't think such a tactic is out-of-bounds (pun intended); it's actually very good marketing!

No comments: