My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Selling Agent Bonuses

Real Estate's "Chicken Soup"

Just another one of those anecdotal observations, based on what's coming through my email in-box, but lately it sure seems like there's been an uptick in selling agent bonuses (the selling agent is what the Buyer's agent becomes once there's a deal).

Sellers accomplish that two ways: 1) by offering a fatter "pay-out," the portion of the commission shared with the Buyer's agent and their broker; and 2) by dangling an actual cash bonus to the Buyer's agent.

Does it help?

Like chicken soup, it certainly doesn't hurt . . .

P.S.: As a Buyer's agent, my practice is to give my clients what's called the "Agent Full" report (unabridged) from MLS, so they see exactly what I'll be paid if they buy any given home.

No comments: