My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Craig's List Job Posting (Seriously)

"Dear New York Times Op-Ed Department . . ."

Just in case any readers of this blog know anyone, I just posted the following on Craig's List:

I write a highly-regarded (but relatively lightly read) real estate blog, and am looking for someone who can help get my pieces/posts published on high traffic, national sites (The NYT, Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, etc).

Location: Twin Cities
Compensation: commission
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

As far as commission goes, what I had in mind was a "bounty" ($250 - $500) for each successful appearance on one of the aforementioned sites (Hey! I'm a Realtor -- I believe in paying for results!).

And yes, I know about search engine optimization, but I'm not convinced that anyone offering to do that (for a big fee) really knows what they're talking about, or can deliver the promised results.

And, just so I don't sound too forlorn, my pieces are published nationally on a surprisingly regular basis, including more than a dozen times now on RealClearMarkets.com.

Amazingly, another 50(!) or so posts from this blog currently show up in Google's "top 10" hits by subject matter (try typing in "Freakonomics rebuttal").

No comments: