My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Serenity Prayer -- Realtor's Version

Passing on Overpriced Listings

Everyone knows this famous passage from The Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.”

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Here's my version for listing agents (Realtors representing home sellers):

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the listings I can sell;
the courage to refuse the listings I cannot;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

--Ross Kaplan

So what makes a listing unsellable?

Ultimately, just one thing: price.

Everything else -- condition, curb appeal, location, floor plan, etc. -- can be overcome if a home is sufficiently discounted.

No comments: