My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oliver Stone's Last Movie

Review, "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps"

I went to see Oliver Stone's last film the other night.

And by that, I don't mean his most recent film -- I literally mean, the last film he is likely to make (at least with a big studio budget, at least for a long while).

That's because it was wretchedly bad.

So bad that, even with a subject near and dear to my heart, Wall Street, and a clutch of great actors (Frank Langella, Susan Sarandon, Josh Brolin, Eli Wallach), I couldn't stomach more than 30 minutes or so.

So I didn't, and left (but not before catching Stone in one of his uncredited cameos, though).

Coming on the heels of such disappointments as "Alexander" and "W," you'd guess it's at least awhile before Stone gets bankrolled again.

No comments: