My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 27, 2010

"You Don't Need a Realtor if . . ."

"Would You Take . . .?"

In the spirit of Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck if . . ." string of jokes (sample: 'you've been married 3 times and still have the same in-law's'), I offer up the Realtor equivalent:

You don't need a Realtor if . . . you want to go around verbally offering Sellers 50% on the dollar -- or less -- for their homes.

I don't believe that that's common in the land of Minnesota Nice, but I am hearing about and running into it.

In my experience, such offers are non-starters (see, "The Mulligan Market"), and take as much time to reject as the would-be Buyer put into making them.

And if the Buyer really is serious -- a big "if" -- starting out with an insultingly low offer is almost always a mistake.

No comments: