My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

To Buy Intel (or not) . . that is the question

Investors' Conundrum, circa 2010

In a nutshell, here is the problem confronting the stock market:

World-famous, blue chip stocks -- companies like Intel, to pick one example -- certainly look cheap.

At $18 a share, Intel, the world's leading manufacturer of microprocessors at the heart of every PC -- is trading at a surprisingly conservative P/E (Price Earnings) ratio of 12.

The problem I'm having -- and I suspect millions of other investors are having as well -- is that it also looked cheap . . . back in 1995.

That's when I bought it, for about $8 a share.

So, after 15-plus years riding a stomach-curdling roller coaster, adjusting for inflation . . . I've just about broken even.

And that's before paying taxes on my "gain" if I ever sell.

While Intel's senior management has been paid hundreds of millions.

So, time to double-down?

Or say "enough is enough," cut my losses, and put the money somewhere else (but where?).

No comments: