My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Tina Fey as a Realtor

"Date Night" Realtor Vignette

In "Realtors in Modern Culture," I noted the paucity of Realtors depicted in movies and on TV.

Well, add one more: Tina Fey's character, Claire Foster, in "Date Night" (I just saw it on DVD).

The highlight of the movie (at least to this Realtor) was a blink-and-you-missed-it scene near the beginning of the movie in which she's showing an upper bracket home to a Yuppie couple.

Fey: this home used to be $1.8 million; now it's $300,000.
Couple: We're going to wait for it to get cheaper.
Fey (rolling her eyes): Good plan, I think that makes a lot of sense.

No, I didn't make up those (movie) numbers.

And yes, lots of real-life Realtors are showing real-life homes marked down almost as much . . . and hearing Buyers same the same thing.

No comments: