My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

2015 Housing Prediction

Advice to Prognosticators

I'm drafting my 2011 letter to clients now, which seems like a good time to recall this (anonymous) advice to prognosticators:

"The ideal time frame for predictions is 2-4 years out. That's immediate enough to compel people's interest, but distant enough that if you're wildly off the mark, no one will remember."

That may work for stock market or global warming predictions, but I doubt I can get away with that in my 2011 client letter.

Which leaves Plan B: simply extrapolate current conditions.

In fact, the vast majority of housing market predictions I've seen -- this year and in previous years -- do just that.

In the case of today's housing market, that means a continued soft market, characterized by skittish Buyers worried about their jobs and the risk of (further) home price declines.

Meanwhile, Sellers need to price and market aggressively to stand out from what is still a high inventory of homes for sale.

1 comment:

Paras Buildtech Noida said...

I recently came across your blog and have been learning along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have loved reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very frequently.
studio apartments in noida
paras apartments sec-137 noida
paras apartments sector-137 noida