My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 15, 2010

On Your Mark . . Get Set . . . Dig!

"The Levi Strauss Strategy"

Caterpillar Inc. said it will buy mining giant Bucyrus International Inc. for about $7.6 billion as the heavy-equipment giant looks to bolster its mining-equipment production.

--"Caterpillar to Buy Bucyrus"; Wall Street Journal (11/15/2010)

What do corporations do when the price of metals -- both base and precious -- double and triple?

Start digging.

Or, in the case of Caterpillar, buy a company that makes digging equipment.

Call it the Levi Strauss strategy: there's as much (or more) money to be made selling supplies and equipment to the gold diggers, as there is in digging for gold.

1 comment:

Paras Buildtech Noida said...

I recently came across your blog and have been learning along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to
say except that I have loved reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very frequently.
studio apartments in noida
paras apartments sec-137 noida
paras apartments sector-137 noida