My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Investing $1,000 in Lehman Bros, AIG -- and Beer

Realtor "Water Cooler" Talk

The water cooler is long gone, of course.

Instead, we Realtors have meetings.

Lots and lots of meetings.

I picked up this nugget -- plus some good market info -- at Edina Realty's Exceptional Properties meeting this morning (anecdote courtesy of downtown Manager Matt Loskota):

"If you invested $1,000 three years ago in AIG, what would you have today?"

"$30."

"If you put that same $1,000 into Lehman Bros. stock, what would it be?"

"$0."

"Now, how much would you have if spent the $1,000 on beer?"

"$235 . . . If you'd kept the aluminum cans."

Disproves (sort of) that line about "you don't buy beer, you rent it."

1 comment:

Paras Buildtech Noida said...

I recently came across your blog and have been learning along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to
say except that I have loved reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very frequently.
studio apartments in noida
paras apartments sec-137 noida
paras apartments sector-137 noida