My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Totino's Anecdote

Favoritism? Think Again

I've been going to Totino's literally since the 1960's -- first, in their original Northeast Minneapolis location, and the last four years, in their "new" location in Mounds View.

Unfortunately, about the only time the Mounds View location is convenient is when I find myself in the far (for me) Northern 'burbs.

Like yesterday.

Paying my bill to Rose Totino's grandson, who now runs things, it came up that he actually went to the high school, Totino-Grace, named for his Grandmother (the story is that the name change accompanied a very generous family donation, way back).

I casually offered that going to a school that has your family's name on it must have greased the kids, just a little bit.

Not according to the grandson; he claimed that the teachers were especially tough on him, to show they weren't playing favorites.

Only in Minnesota . . .

P.S.: I recommend the Special II, with the (Sonny's) spumoni ice cream.

No comments: