My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Realtor Dreams -- and Nightmares

Ticking Clocks and Cold Sweats

As an undergrad and Law School student, I would occasionally dream that I was hopelessly behind on an exam, with time running out (once, the exam was literally in an unrecognizable foreign language).

As a lawyer, that was replaced by a new, albeit infrequent nightmare: that I was months behind turning in my timesheets -- used to bill clients -- and that my records were nowhere to be found (imagine trying to account for every 10 minute increment of your 12 hour day, for weeks on end, months after the fact!).

So, now that I've been a Realtor for closing in on a decade, what gives me a night-time cold sweat?

Try, lapsed Inspection Contingencies.

The other night, I dreamt that my wife bought a new house without me, and neglected to do the Inspection in time (you waive the inspection if you don't perform it within the prescribed time period).

And no, that's never happened in real life, either to me personally or a client.

P.S.: For the life of me, I can't recall any CPA dreams -- my other vocation -- either good or bad.

1 comment:

Paras Buildtech Noida said...

I recently came across your blog and have been learning along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have loved reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very frequently.
studio apartments in noida
paras apartments sec-137 noida
paras apartments sector-137 noida