My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://rosskaplan.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Brett Favre of Realtors?

Realtor Occupational Hazards

No, I'm not offering to trade places with Brett Favre (unless I get his paychecks, too).

But it has been a memorable year for me personally, at least as far as work-related dings and scrapes go.

Last January, in -10 degree weather measuring the exterior of a home, I fell into a (snow-covered) window well.

The adjacent Living Room storm window fared worse than I did, but I still sustained a couple memorable cuts and bruises (including to my ego).

Taking One for the Team

Then, over the Summer, a very long credenza that my (out-of-state) Seller was supposed to have removed before closing . . . wasn't.

The other Realtor and I gamely wrestled it to the garage -- but my back has been reminding me ever since not to attempt anything similar.

And then yesterday, getting a new listing ready, my toe found the remnants of an entertainment center that had been anchored to the floor (specifically, an exposed bolt).

My toe will heal -- but the sock is a goner (I was in my bare feet because the carpets had just been cleaned).

Better me than a prospective Buyer or their Realtor, I suppose . . . . (and no, it won't happen to anyone else because a handyman is taking care of it today).

No comments: